Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Underground Newspaper "Blast" 1969 Lane High School Charlottesville

Here are some covers and a credit page from Lane High School's 1969 underground newspaper called "Blast". My wife and I contributed stories to it (she is in the credits). I cannot remember if we were honored by the school administration by being banned, I think (and hope)so. These are the only three I found, I think they were the only ones published. After reading our articles (and my cring-worthy poem) I considered burning them, as they may be the last in existence. However, I decided that they were worth their weight in gold after I showed them to our teenagers, who ,too often I think, place their parents in the "always were boring" box. "Cool, Mom got banned?"
First "Blast"
Second "Blast" Cover
Third "Blast" Cover

Credit Page From Second "Blast"

Wick Hunt




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wick -- just saw this thanks to Russell Har's Facebook post. Yes, Blast! was banned and at least a couple of us were suspended for distributing it on school grounds. Only three issues -- never to be equaled again!

    Ken Coughlin, Editor-in-Chieftain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! entertainment news

    ReplyDelete